It’s been a while since you’ve heard from all of us at Opalstack. Things have been quite busy over the last month since WebFaction announced their official closing plans!
First up – the warning:
🚨🚨🚨 If you opted-out of being migrated to tsoHost you only 11 days left to get your data from WebFaction servers before they cancel your account. 🚨🚨🚨
A quick reminder of what can’t be migrated to tsoHost (source):
- 🚫 Postgres databases
- 🚫 Assigned port number for your application
- 🚫 There will be no API available for automation
- 🚫 Automatic renewal for Let’s Encrypt SSL (can be manually renewed)
- 🚫 Applications: CherryPy, Custom Applications, Passenger, PHP below 5.6, Pylons, Pyramid, Rails applications, Redmine, Trac, Turbogears, Twisted, Zope
- 🚫 Others: Email Mailing lists, Ghost, Gitea, Node.js, Subversion
Also note the location change:
⚠️ If you are able to be migrated to tsoHost, WebFaction will migrate you to servers located in France — no matter where your servers are now. ⚠️
If you’ve already migrated your data away from WebFaction you should be all set. If you haven’t let’s talk about what you can do right now.
🤔 If you have opted-out what can you do right now?
- Decide what you need from your WebFaction account:
- Files/Applications/Source code
- DNS Records
- Your domain’s Name Servers
- Random shell scripts that actually run your life?
- Find a new host (you probably have somewhere in mind if you’re reading this now).
- Move ALL of your data before December 9th.
- It doesn’t look like there are going to be any extensions and so far that date hasn’t changed.
We have tools to help you migrate! 🎉
Apps and databases
We’ve written some scripts that will help you migration your applications and databases. You can find out how to use them here:
HOWTO migrate stuff automatically from WebFaction!
We know how important your email archives are. We’ve written some migration scripts for email. You can find out more about it here:
HOWTO migrate your email addresses and mailboxes from WebFaction
You don’t have much time left to rescue your data.